My wife was under the weather last month and I thought I’d make her something special. She liked some Saimin I made recently and she really likes udon. Another of her favorites is cheese. Well, I decided to bring all of that together and make cheesy udon with SPAM in it. Here for you is the method to the madness.
Kit’s Cheesy Mac ‘N’ Udon
- 1 Box any brand Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 portion of fresh Udon noodles (again, any brand)
- 1 can of SPAM
- Butter or Margarine
First, you have to prepare things…
- Yep – pull out the cheese flavoring and toss the elbow macaroni, unless you have a use for it such as making artistic renderings or even eating it later.
- Cut up some SPAM. There’s no fixed amount – just go with as much as you think you’d like.
- Next, take your udon noodles and add them to a boiling pot of water. Cook until they are all loose and floating about. The great thing about udon like this is that its extremely quick – about a minute.
- Drain the udon. Add SPAM. Add a little milk – maybe 1/4 cup. Add 3/4 tablespoon of butter. Add powdered cheese packet. Stir with vigor!
The finished dish (click to enlarge). My wife really likes it and we hope you do, too!