So it’s been a rough past few days. Sore throats, barfing, runny noses, extremely horrid body aches. My friends, we got the Omicron. Yeah – the whole house. We’ve all been vaccinated too and regularly wear masks. This is no fun. But to break the insanity of it all and drudgery of existence with a 24/7 funky cloud hanging over my brain, we made some bread. It was fun – good bread too! Used Best Wok Mi Goreng, which was voted the best mi goreng instant in Indonesia by a well known critic over there. That’s pretty good – some stiff competition for mi goreng especially in Indonesia! Well, Here we go – let’s do the bread thing.
Here’s a video of making bread. Wish it could have been better but hey – I’m sick.
Best Wok Mi Goreng Bread
- 1 block instant noodles cooked from Best Wok Migorng
- 4 sets seasonings and liquid from Best Wok Mi Goreng
- 4 scallions diced
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp oil
- a good amount of fried garlic
- a good amount of fried onion
- sesame seeds – a lot
- 300g sauteed stir fry beef with Maggi seasoning
- pinch of salt
- spoonful of sugar
- splash of Bang Cotton Candy Energy Drink
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp paprika
- Add sachets, water, oil, salt, and sugar
- Add 1 heaping cup flour, then noodles, spring onion, beef, sesame seeds, more flour, and yeast
- Set to DARK crust and let ‘er rip. When it beeps to add in stuff before rising process, add in your paprika.
- Watch and wait and you will have an interesting loaf of tasty bread!
Finished (click to enlarge). Garnished with fried egg, coriander and Huy Fong sriracha sauce. Yeah the beef really gave it a lot of niceness and the flavor imparted by the Best Wok seasonings were center stage. Noodles in there gave it a nice cake like moistness. Of course, you can’t have mi goreng without a fried egg – I mean, you can, but don’t do that to yourself!
A side view (click to enlarge). A shot from the side. Hope you enjoyed and just try to keep healthy. We’ve all be vaccinated here and we wear masks whenever we go out, but this Omicron was just mean stuff. Hopefully it will be gone soon. Best to you all!