I left it up to the wise folks in the Ramen Junkie group on facebook (you should really join if you haven’t) and of two choices they picked this for me to make into bread. It didn’t go as planned, but it was addictive and tasty and so here it is in all of it’s glorious ingloriousness.
Samyang Buldak Carbo Bread!
Watch and amuse yourselves with a truly amazing happening you will remember for years to come.
- 1 cooked noodle block of Samyang Buldak Carbo
- Sachets from 4 packs Buldak Carbo
- 2 1/4 cups bread flour
- 2 tsp yeast
- A little oil
- A little sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- uncured salami
- 3 string cheese
- black sesame seeds
- Add water, oil, sugar, all the sachets except one sauce sachet
- Add one cup flour, salami, cilantro, sesame seeds, cut up string cheese
- Add second cup flour, make a dent and put the yeast in there and then the 1/4 cup flour
- Bake on BASIC and LIGHT crust. When it starts to bake, add the final sachet of sauce on top
Well, it kind of sunk.
It looks like a really huge Pez that looks like bread pizzazilla!
Finished (click to enlarge). Added mozzarella and spring onion and put under the broiler. These were the end pieces which resembled bread the most. The drizzle of sauce on top is what I think really contributed to this thing crashing down. That center crater though – that was tasty stuff. A nice, moist loaf with a lot of good flavor. As usual, the kneading process really kind of works so well that everything kind of just disappears into the loaf. Didn’t come out looking so pretty, but I’ll say this was super tasty stuff!
Next will be a 100% instant noodle flour loaf made from a non-fried noodle – stay tuned!