So. If the noodle is fried, an emulsifier is needed to release the oil from the noodle. However, if they’re air dried… Hmmm. Let’s see, then we… wouldn’t? Let’s make this stuff into bread!
Nongshim Shin Light Bread!
Okay so here we go.
- 1 family pack Shin Light – 4 noodle blocks, soup base from 3 packs, 4 vegetable packs
- 1 cup bread flour
- some eggs
- green onion
- Grind noodle blocks
- Find out that’s not enough flour so use the bread flour with it and blend it together
- In bread machine add wet ingredients then sachets, then flour, then yeast
- Set to BASIC and LIGHT crust
- When kneading is happening and nothing is working right, throw in some eggs
- When it starts baking, add cheese and onions
Finished (click to enlarge). So this worked about as well as – oh, to heck with it – it didn’t work. Not well, at least. It didn’t rise very well and it ended up kind of gross. I think the chief problem here was that it didn’t get that noodle ground fine enough; instead of a fine powder it was more granulated. Back to the drawing board. Shin Bread will happen, but not today, I’m afraid.