Yeah I’m back at it. I saw a Zojirushi bread machine at a thrift store the other day and thought ‘man, this thing looks cherry,’ so I carried the thing to the grocery store where I got a gallon of milk and other stuff (which was my original reason for venturing out) and then had to carry everything home. This bread machine isn’t small or anything so yeah – it was a battle I fought and won which I enjoy thoroughly.
I’m trying to name the bread maker – officially, it’s name is Zojirushi Home Bakery BBCC-V20, but I thought it deserves something better. I immediately thought of the band Bread and looked up songs by them. A couple stood out as short listers – Mother Freedom and Aubrey. I went with Aubrey.
Red Chef Pandan White Curry Ramen Bread!
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 cooked noodle block from Red Chef Pandan White Curry
- 3x all sachets from Red Chef Pandan White Curry
- 1 egg
- 4 fishballs
- 3 green onions sliced transversely in 3cm lengths
- Add water, sachet contents, 1 cup flour, noodles, fishballs, 2nd cup flour, and yeast
- Set your amazing bread machine to BASIC and LIGHT crust
- At the point when it squeals, add in green onion and egg
- Watch it do its thing
- Let it rest a while before slicing!
Finished (click to enlarge). Added medium cheddar and mozzarella, and garnished with coriander and chilies. The bread is dense and heavy with a strong white curry taste to it. The fishball came out great! I highly recommend a meat slicer to slice this stuff – it works so much better and the slices are so uniform. Really happy with this bread machine – certainly an upgrade and worked perfectly. What’s more is that the bread is of a more standard shape as the bread pan is more like what one would use to make bread.