The last ramen bread I made was 100% instant noodles, however had more moisture than I wanted it to have, so I thought perhaps lighter on the eggs and liquids would prove for a more loafy loaf – less cake like. Well, what happened was nothing short of a Christmas miracle really and something new. What if I told you you could take a few packs of Top Ramen and turn it into popcorn chicken? That’s like diamonds in the microwave but it actually happened! Let’s give it a whirl, Earl!
Nissin Top Ramen Popcorn Chicken
Because you need to see the miracle in all of its glory!
- 4 packs Nissin Top Ramen Chicken Flavor Ramen Noodle Soup
- 6 seasoning sachets from Nissin Top Ramen Chicken Flavor Ramen Noodle Soup
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup and 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp active dry yeast
- Use a small blender (like a Magic Bullet) and grind the noodle blocks
- Add 3/4 cup water and 2 eggs to the bread pan, then the flour, sugar, seasonings, and yeast
- Set you bread machine to BASIC and MEDIUM crust
- When it beeps midway through kneading, add in 1/4 cup of water – sprinkle it over the dough
- Let the bread machine do what it wants and reap the benefit of Top Ramen Popcorn Chicken!
Behold! Isn’t that appetizing? Truly fine dining and gourmet!
Finished (click to enlarge). Added nothing but a little dish of Huy Fong Chili Garlic sauce on the side. These actually are pretty good – they’re crunchy on the outisde and soft on the inside like popcorn chicken, and then of course the chicken soup base give it a chicken flavor. It works pretty well. You could really get the full effect of popcorn chicken by not adding that 1/4 cup of water after the beep – they would stay little nugget sized things. Nothing short of a pure miracle! Unfortunately, it wasn’t what I was hoping for so there’s that, but now we know that too little moisture will result in something like this. More to come!