When I was very young, we had a visitor from a music group come into our classroom. He told us about a song his band did that was written by a band member when he was sick. He talked to us about how when you don’t feel good, sometimes your mind can go in different directions; that it can be a good time to embrace creativity. I thought that kind of odd, but have also found it to be true. I remember playing Asteroid on my old Atari 2600 and using a different strategy and getting a really high school – I was home with the flu.
Well today, I’m under the weather. I’ve been sneezing and runny-nosed and achy – you know the drill. Well, inspiration reared it’s head again. With all the things people have been trying with instant noodles lately, I thought maybe this would be good. I would absolutely love to see some pictures if you guys attempt making it! With that, I introduce the instant noodle cheese bite.
The Ramen Rater’s Deep Fried Instant Noodle Cheese Bites
- 1 package instant noodles
- 1 egg
- string or any kind of ‘stick’ cheese
- cooking spray
- Crush the instant noodle block into very small pieces
- Cook the instant noodles as directed on the package
- Drain the noodles well
- Return noodles to the pan. Crack egg and scramble seperately. Pour into noodles and combine thoroughly. Chill for 45 minutes.
- Using a knife, slice the cheese into cubes
- Take a plate and put some wax paper down on it. Add a thin coat of cooking spray
- Make small balls of the noodle mixture with a piece of the cheese in the center and place on the sheet
- Deep fry until outside is golden brown
- Place on paper towel to cool and soak excess oil
Like I said, I’d love to see your pictures of this one – I’ll do a video soon!